Wednesday 21 May 2014

MySQL installation error - Neither host nor 'localhost' could be looked up with


 While trying to install MySQL 5.6 on my CentOS system recently, I got into an annoying error.

 “Neither host localhost.localdomain nor local host could looked up with”



#  ./scripts/mysql_install_db --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --basedir=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/var/lib/mysql –user=mysql




I was doing all hostname related issues.
And also tried to install with --force option to .

But no luck.

Later I found that the mistake was with the installation file. I was trying to install MySQL 5.6 with 64 bit architecture to my 32 bit architecture machine.

Later I tried with 32 bit MySQL package, I was done.

Sometimes it may be due the wrong bit(32bit or 64bit) selection of MySQL package file.


No comments: